Are you looking to purchase a new television? If so, we have a list of energy-efficient televisions that will allow you to enjoy your favorite programming while minimizing electricity use.
1. LEDs. LEDs are the most energy efficient televisions on the market. They use a fraction of the power that a similarly sized LCD or plasma TV would use. LED televisions can save you up to 70% more electricity than any other TV type. However, when you look at the price per size, LEDs are also the most expensive. A positive aspect of LEDs is that they last longer, giving you a higher return on your investment.
2. LCDs. An LCD television offers a number of benefits. It is lightweight, has a sharp image resolution, and is available in larger sizes. LCDs will last longer than plasmas and will use less energy than a similarly sized plasma TV. If you are switching from a plasma to an LCD, you should notice a slight decrease in your monthly energy bill.
3. Plasma TVs. Plasma TVs are less expensive than the other two television types we mentioned. They have a vivid color range. Unfortunately, plasma TVs have a short lifespan. While plasma TVs may have less energy consumption than older television types, when compared to LCDs and LEDs, they are energy hogs.
Most Energy Efficient LED Televisions
1. First on our list is the 2019 Roku Smart LED TV. The 32 inch model is priced at around $360 USD. It offers full HD 1080 P resolution and is highly rated on Amazon.com.
2. Second on our list is the 40 inch 1080 P Roku Smart LED TV. Priced at around $270, this energy efficient television offers full 1080 P resolution and is highly ranked on Amazon.
3. Our third pick is the 43 inch 4K ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV. Priced at around $350, this is one of the higher rated televisions on Amazon.com. Like the other televisions we reviewed, it offers full HD 1080 P resolution.
4. We round out our list of energy efficient LED TVs with the TCL 49 inch 4K ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV. This energy efficient model will set you back around $360. It offers full HD 1080 P resolution and a 4.4 out of five star rating on Amazon.com.
Most Energy Efficient Plasma TVs
Finding an energy efficient plasma TV that’s right for you can be a challenge because there are so many options available. Some of our topics include:
1. LG 60 class full HD 1080 P plasma TV. Priced at around $550, this is a popular energy efficient television offering full 1080 P resolution and boasting a perfect five out of five stars on Amazon.com.
2. Our second choice is the Samsung 50 inch 1080 P 3D Plasma HDTV. While it’s not as highly rated as some of the other televisions we are reviewing, coming in at 3.1 out of five stars, we have included it because it has been documented to exceed Energy Star standards. It offers full HD 1080 P resolution and a host of valuable features.
Most Energy Efficient LCD Televisions
1. For around $690, the NEC 42 inch 1080 P LCD TV is number one on our list. It offers full 1080 P resolution and has an excellent rating on Amazon.com.
2. The Magnavox 50 inch 1080 P LCD TV is priced at $442. Many users comment on its energy efficiency. Currently, this product has a perfect five out of five star rating on Amazon.com.
We hope you enjoyed our top picks of energy efficient televisions. An energy efficient television will lower your monthly energy bill slightly. However, these benefits pale in comparison to the tremendous savings you can enjoy using solar energy. Learn all the benefits solar energy can bring to your home by contacting the solar energy experts at Solar Kings today.